Tuesday, 14 May 2013

MEDIA EVALUATION: QUESTION 3

Questionnaires:

For our screening, we gave out Questionnaires to gain feedback from our audience. These were the questionnaires I made in order to get the response I needed. These helped as we were able to see what aspects of our trailer were excellent and what we could improve on.

Friday, 19 April 2013

Progress:

This week we are making the final tweeks to our project to ensure it is finished for screening to younger years for audience feedback. I will spend time working on my second ancillary so that it is complete.

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Progress:

We have now finished all our shoots for filming. Most of our editing is complete, the trailer is almost finished with a few minor tweeks to be made.

Thursday, 14 March 2013

Horror Poster

This is an idea for my horror poster.

Progress:

We have filmed the majority of our trailer. We have a few remaining shots to film of our main character being possessed as well as one more scene which we were unable to film earlier due to the weather. After this our filming will be complete.

Ancillary

For my ancillary I have experimented with different images to use for my poster. I have edited various images, this is one of the photographs I am considering to use.

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

This week:

Tomorrow we are refilming our house shots as we needed to change the type of lighting in result of our previous effort looking uneffective. We are also going to experiment with different scenes to see what we will be able to use in our actual trailer. My role is significant this week as we are dependant on costumes and stage make up to make our trailer look professional.

Ancillary Task: Magazine cover

This is an idea for my magazine cover. I have tried out various fonts and colours to see what works best, from this I will take images to fit with the cover.

Ancillary Tasks: Poster

I have began experimenting with different brush techniques for my horror poster, I have used the blur tool to blur out the title so the font looked a bit more 'edgy' fitting with the genre more than the font did originally.

Thursday, 28 February 2013

Planned filming:

Within the next few weeks our group will be shooting some of the remainder scenes, as well as reshooting the house scenes as the lighting did not look professional

Locations:

This is the shop we used for the opening scenes

Progress:

For some scenes we used then outside of the church however the inside of the shop as we felt the church looked more isolated and gloomy

Progress:

During half term we visited Tynemouth and were able to shoot the scenes we needed for our trailer in this small, vintage shop

Monday, 28 January 2013

Week plan:

Due to the weather conditions we have been unable to film most of our project as a lot of our locations are outdoors and we do not want to lose marks for continuity of our project.

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Park scenes:

Today we visited the isolated park which we will film in however due to the bad weather and a technical problem with the camera we were unable to shoot any scenes.



Today's progress:

Today we visited the lit and Phil library in newcastle to ask for permission to film there, as we were able to, we shot what we needed to do so (the scenes where she discovers Lily's possession by a demon) as well as taking some location shots.



location shots



location shots



location shots



Progress:

This week we visited Tynemouth to take some location pictures and see which would work well as part of our trailer. Unfortunately we were unable to film as it was dark by the time another memeber of my group arrived with the camera equipment and we needed daytime shots.

Production Schedule for this week:

This week we are going to film the park scenes of Lily which include the swing/roundabout/Lily going missing. We will be doing this today (Tuesday 15th) we have nothing planned for later in the week as I have exams. At the weekend we will visit the old library in Newcastle to ask permission to film there and maybe film that particular scene if we get permission to do so.

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Horror trailer music:

Since our trailer is based on the film The Possession, we have looked at the soundtrack used for the trailer. The music on this film starts with a soft almost 'lullaby' sound whilst the young girl discovers the box, we may use this for ours too. As the climax of the trailer hits the music begins. The soundtrack sounds like 'church music' which works well. we have found a soundtrack which is similar to this, which we are going to use for our trailer.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0431021/

Sunday, 6 January 2013

Trailers already on the market:

Over the holidays I have looked at various horror trailers that have been successful, a vital part of a trailer is the soundtrack. Over the next week or so my group will choose our own soundtrack after we've compared different trailers to see what worked the best.

Christmas filming:

As the person filming our project forgot to ask for a camera, we were unable to take equipment out of school therefore we will have to complete our filming over the next term to ensure it is finished by the end of January.